The Sacrament Helps Me Choose the Right
Saturday is a special day.
It’s the day we get ready for Sunday:
We clean the house [act out sweeping the floor or dusting], and we shop at the store [act out putting items in a shopping basket],
So we won’t have to work until Monday [wave finger in a “no” motion].
We brush our clothes [brush off clothes], and we shine our shoes [act out shining shoes],
And we call it our get-the-work-done day.
Then we trim our nails [act out trimming nails], and we shampoo our hair [act out washing hair],
So we can be ready for Sunday!
If your child is younger and has a shorter attention span, just read versus 77 and 79.
- Read The Sacrament Is for Me
- Discuss the sacrament prayers. How can you “always have his Spirit to be with” you? In what ways can you choose the right each day? How can you prepare for the sacrament?
- Remembering Jesus each day can help us choose the right and prepare to take the sacrament. How can you remember Jesus each day?
- Help your child fold and color an origami CTR shield and put it in their room where they’ll see it every day as a reminder to choose the right.
- Color these pictures about the sacrament and following Jesus Christ and write on the back ways you can choose the right and prepare for the sacrament. (The Sabbath Day Is Special; My Family Is Blessed When We Remember Jesus Christ; Jesus Says, “Come Follow Me.”; Jesus Loves Me)
- Get your child a CTR ring or necklace they can wear to remind them to choose the right.